When I spoke about my tiny piece of internet real estate last week I mentioned how humbled and shocked I was that anyone would take the time to read what I have to write. I’m even more shocked that I was nominated for a blog award! Me? A blog award – my gosh, I never ever thought that would happen. Ever.
My blog posts are often written in a hurry, during Margs’ naps or late at night in the dark while Mer and baby are snoozing. I write because it helps me keep my jumble of thoughts in order, I write because I love connecting with other like minded people and most importantly I write because I enjoy it.
Thank you to Brandi from Our Little Ways for the lovely nomination. She’s a former math teacher like me (small world hunh?) and she writes a lovely blog with a ton of really interesting posts about frugal living. So, do check her out! Her blog is a wonderful read and has a bunch of delicious recipes too!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have mentioned them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I pretty much covered it when I wrote about my blog last week. But, in a nutshell I somehow wanted to create a space where I could write about parenting after loss and how we live a simple and frugal lifestyle despite the fact these topics are disjointed.
A couple of pieces of advice:
- Write about what you are passionate about because it’s the only way you’ll find your authentic voice. I really believe that authenticity brings value to the blogging world. I’m far more attracted to blogs where the writer has a voice and uses it. Write about what you are passionate about, enjoy and love. I can chat your ear off for hours talking about money saving ideas, frugal hacks and living simply which is why I write about it- I love love love these topics.
- Interact with your readers. I read every comment, email, Instagram message and tweet. Why? I believe that anyone who takes the time to send me a message (both positive or negative) deserves to be responded to. I love interacting with my readers and appreciate every single form of communication. I can’t tell you how disappointing it is to read a blog, leave a thoughtful response and not ever be acknowledged for it. It kinda hurts really – I take shit personally that way. So, interact with your readers – respond, spark a conversation, communicate – that’s what this is all about right?
Here are the wonderful blogs I’m nominating for this award. I’ve also included a link to my favorite post they’ve written! Enjoy!
- Midlands Minimalist – Upholding your values, especially in the festive season
- Inspire the Mom – Wherever you are in 2017, be all there
- Simple is the new Chic – Teacher Gifts
- Long Days Journey – Getting Desperate
- Ditch the Stuff – 5 Habits to keep the clutter out
- The Golden Rocks – The social life of a single mom
- Rhythm in Life – 20s Something Stupid Spending
- Cup of Tea Therapy – Breastfeeding… And why it sucks (no pun intended)
- Chief Mom Officer – Food allergies and Epi-Pens – My sons story
- A Small Wardrobe – How I’m building my minimalist wardrobe
- Grief Happens – so does joy – Tales from the teen years, the water bed
- Moose & Turtle on Vachon – Stop saying “I’m sorry”
- My Little Bird – The Patterns of our Hearts
- Beautifully Imperfect Mama –Celebrating the Little Big Things
- Internal Organizing – What I wish my students knew
Happy reading folks! I’ll be back Thursday with a couple of thoughts on minimalism!
What is your favorite blog read these days? I’d love to add new blogs to my reader!